D R . E L R O I

A PERSONAL JOURNAL OF A MAN LIVING WITH HIV

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

Happy Birthday To Me

If you’d never been born, what would you be?

You could have been a rock, a toad or a tree.
Or worse than all that, you could have been a wasn’t.
Now a wasn’t has no fun at all, no he doesn’t.
A wasn’t just isn’t. He isn’t present
but you, you’re right here, now isn’t that pleasant?

Today you are you and it is truer than true
that there’s no one alive that is you-er than you.
Shout out loud I’m glad of who I am.

Thank God I’m not a rock
a clam or a ham or a dusty old jar of gooseberry jam.
I am what I am
and it’s a great thing to be
and if I should say so myself, Happy Birthday to me!


This poem was written by Dr.Seuss from the book "Happy Birthday To You" also written by him. He also wrote "Horton Hears a Who". I dedicate this poem to myself because today is my spiritual birthday, the day when I received Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior.

Next post, I will continue the stigma and discrimination topic.

No comments: