D R . E L R O I

A PERSONAL JOURNAL OF A MAN LIVING WITH HIV

Monday, January 10, 2011

Pityriasis Rosea

Two weeks before Christmas last year, I started to have a slight fever every afternoon and evening then I'll be normal on the following day. After all the laboratory tests and x-rays, nothing was found.

A week before Christmas, the low fever was gone but then I started to have small red spots on my skin, chest area first then it proliferated to arms, legs and neck and some parts on my face gradually. By the way, it's not me on this photo.

I was thinking of allergy at first or probably my CD4 has gone low that's why I have these rashes. After seeing the dermatologist last week, the diagnosis came out and it's PR or Pityriasis Rosea.

According to the doctor, it's a common rash that can occur to any young adults (majority occur to ages 10-35) and has nothing to do with my HIV status. It usually occurs more often in the colder months.

It resolves on its own but the doctor asked me to take erythromycin for 2 weeks, put clobetasol and aveeno on infected areas and get some UV rays for at least 10-20 minutes every day. The rashes will disappear six to eight weeks.

I just hope and pray to have my skin back to normal, good health as I take new challenges in my work and ministry and a victorious journey with the Lord this year 2011! I guess this is one of God's trick for keeping me from acting out my evil desires, I hope not.

A blessed year to everyone!

3 comments:

Alteredfcuk said...

Nagkaroon din ako nyan last November. But mine lasted for a week lang. Good thing sa likod lang ng thigh ko lumabas, then nagsubside din kusa. Although nag clobetasol din ako.

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers?
I'm planning to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
Would you suggest starting with a free platform like
Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I'm totally overwhelmed ..
Any recommendations? Thank you!|

Here is my weblog ... darmowy program pit 2013

E L R o i said...

Thanks anonymous. I heard wordpress is good but listen to what your heart says. Tips for writing? Just be yourself and what is in your heart....genuineness and vulnerability with caution pay off in an unexpected way...blessings. :)