D R . E L R O I

A PERSONAL JOURNAL OF A MAN LIVING WITH HIV

Friday, January 28, 2011

First CoH for 2011

Last week, I led the facilitation of the first "Channels of Hope" workshop for the year 2011.

Originally it was intended for my colleagues at the office but unfortunately only nine have attended. We invited church partners and representatives from other NGO or non-government organizations and the event yielded twenty five new channels of God's hope to those who are infected and affected by HIV and AIDS.

It's also the first time that somebody from my own church have witnessed what I actually do in this ministry. Perhaps it could be one of the reasons why I got a little extra emotional during my testimony but I was thinking more of my devotion in the morning that day. God made me realized how much He loves me through the parable of the prodigal son.

My tears just flowed freely and I thought I can't stop crying. That usually happens when God really touched my heart.

Anyway, the workshop was indeed a success praise be to God. I am serving the Lord in this ministry for almost three years now and God has remained faithful and good whenever I do this.

Sometimes I still ask Him why He has chosen me. A chief sinner with a quite difficult struggle to deal with but being used by God mightily to bless His people, how ironic isn't it? But for God, it's not for He always choose the most unlikely.

2 comments:

Rajsh Sabio-Velasquez said...

hi kapatid! i want to invite you to share your testimony in my small group. kelan ka pwede? pag pray mo rin. been praying about it. :)

E L R o i said...

Hello Rajsh....I am out of the country for the rest of the month till first week of March....so we'll see by then. Let's pray for it. Please kindly email me...your goal and objective, purpose, number of people in the group. By March we have CoH again at the office hopefully makaattend ka na or a high pastor from your church. God bless :)