D R . E L R O I

A PERSONAL JOURNAL OF A MAN LIVING WITH HIV

Saturday, December 11, 2010

CoH Laguna

Yesterday we had the last CoH workshop of the year for this NGO together with their partners.

Once again eighteen new channels of God's hope were blessed with God's faithfulness and goodness in my life as I shared it to them. One pastor got even teary eyed and emotional during the closing ceremony!

This time God has shown me that every group is really unique that each of them has their own personalities and characters. I have never encountered very highly intellectual people who would never show their soft side because for them everything is cognitive! Honestly, somehow they got me into my nerves but God was in control then that I was still able to manage it. For me they are unbelievable!

Since I have plans of going to a doctorate degree which only God knows when because I have not started taking up Masters yet, God I think allowed me to meet these two people as a warning as to not to be like them (not that I am acting like the Pharisees, it's just that I have the propensity) but remain humble, very grounded and always putting God first no matter how far I have come. Everything can be done only through Him.

Definitely, it will take time before I forgot these people or probably I will never. Anyway, I had also good memories to remember with this particular group of people. I still thank God for all the blessings and the privilege of serving Him through this ministry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have your whole life ahead of you, great to see your goal of a doctorate, take one step at a time, I know you will succeed. God has put these ambitions and desires in your heart. May you see each step as you follow Him.

"You are my servant; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:9b, 10

E L R o i said...

Oh my.....my dear friend...that verse was my verse a couple of years ago. He clearly have spoken that to me! Wow! thanks.

Yes one step at a time, in fact I am just waiting for God's perfect timing and everything is still being prayed for. You know God has full of surprises. Thanks my brother and God bless! :)

Courage Philippines said...

Hi Bro Elroi!

Natanggap mo ba yung e-mail invite namin sa iyo? We are formally inviting you sana to give a talk on HIV/AIDS next year sa Courage and we are also planning to invite other support groups to attend. Tentative date is first Sunday of Feb. Are you available by that time? If not po we can reschedule naman on our part and we are flexible on it.

I hope to hear from you soon bro. You can reply to our e-mail at couragemanila@yahoo.com if you are open to this.

I believe that we in the SSA ministry should be educated properly on HIV/AIDS since we are most vulnerable to this. I pray that God will use you as an instrument for this noble undertaking. Hope to hear from you soon.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

God bless.

Courage Webmaster