D R . E L R O I

A PERSONAL JOURNAL OF A MAN LIVING WITH HIV

Monday, August 11, 2008

Cagayan De Oro Experience

Before I proceed to the second part of Living Positively, let me tell you about my Cagayan De Oro experience. My second facilitation for Channels of Hope - HIV & AIDS happened last August 5 and 6 at Cha-li Beach Resort in Cugman, Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental.

I have improved as a facilitator but still a lot of things to learn. I found out that it's easier to facilitate the information part compared to the attitude and behavior exercises as I need to put more emotions or drama into it to touch the emotions of the participants and not just their heads. Though over all, I guess we made our point and most of them if not all of them, has changed their behavior and attitude towards people living with HIV. All of them are HIV advocates and they concluded that they have so much to learn when it comes to Christian response.

Their over all evaluation is very good and they want more information and knowledge. After our two day workshop, we went relaxing on the 7th.

World Vision ADP staff brought us to CDO's tourist destination, the White Water Rafting and Zipping. It was my first time to do such adventures and it was really a great and very unforgettable experience. During the more than 2 hours water rafting, all we did was to scream and laugh just to forget about being nervous. With the zipping experience, well, when I was there all I ever did was overcome my fear and jump until I get to the end of the line.

If all my service to the Lord will have fun like this or even more, I guess I could not ask for more. What a Cagayan De Oro experience! Praise the Lord Jesus Christ!

No comments: