D R . E L R O I

A PERSONAL JOURNAL OF A MAN LIVING WITH HIV

Friday, August 15, 2008

Living Positively 3

As an HIV positive person, our body needs more than just medication. We as human beings are as a matter of fact not only body, but a unique combination or unification of body, soul and mind.

Think of a time when you were sick. Can you still see yourself alone, sick and miserable in bed? Aside from medicine, what will help you get well again?

Since when are flowers, SMS, chocolates became medicines? These things will make you feel better is not it? Then these must be some form of medication don't you think?

Positive living is not just about accessing medication, or the government providing free ARVS. It is about having a reason to live - about wanting to be alive.

Health is not about knowing all the facts, it is about wanting to be alive and therefore using knowledge to achieve that.

Would you therefore agree with me that positive living is also about doing the things I always dreamed about, spending sometime with people I love and people who make me laugh and feel good about myself, about claiming control of my life, my future, about being loved and supported, about celebrating life as a spiritual being, etc.?

In my case, I surrendered my life to the Lord Jesus Christ and accepted Him as my personal Lord and Savior and that is positive living! Living a Christian life is living positively.

Each one of us needs this whether we are HIV positive or not.

Source: "Channels of Hope" workshop manual.

No comments: