D R . E L R O I

A PERSONAL JOURNAL OF A MAN LIVING WITH HIV

Monday, February 16, 2009

A True Friend

Last Thursday, a good girl friend of mine back to my call center days agreed to see me and we spent sometime together in one of the malls in Ortigas. She's one of the first few persons whom I have disclosed my HIV status and stood beside me during those dreadful days of my life.

We have not seen each other for more than a year but we are constantly communicating via SMS and email.

She practically knew almost everything about me except my struggle with same sex attraction or SSA. I have a feeling that she can sense it somehow it's just that she opted not to discuss it with me when we're still working together. Since she's a good friend, I have decided to confess about my homosexuality and I am glad that she did not change on the way she treats me!

I told her everything about what I do now and how the Lord has changed me and using me according to His will and purpose. She's very happy for me and we realized how we missed each other!

Praise God for the blessing of good friends like her. She's really a true friend!

No comments: