D R . E L R O I

A PERSONAL JOURNAL OF A MAN LIVING WITH HIV

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fireproof

Have you seen this movie "Fireproof"? If not, you better get a copy and watch it. The film depicts on how a virtually lost marriage can be saved. It was very moving and inspiring!

Well, I can only say these things after watching it unintentionally last night and I even started at the half of the movie for I have seen it already two years ago. Since then for me, it was just a very great film for couples especially married couples with a very good soundtrack that lead me to write a blog about the song on May 2010.......until last night.

Seeing the husband wooing his wife just to save their marriage even though He's against it at first and ready to give up in the middle of the required 40 days as advised by his father for he's not receiving any response from the wife, until something happened inside of him which took him to go beyond 40 days, made me feel very emotional.

When they are finally together I cried again but it was the scene where the couple was renewing their vows that made me really weep! I felt like it was the Lord whispering to me saying, "That's how I love you my bride".

He is wooing me like that of the husband even I do not respond sometimes or whenever I choose going out with a guy I like instead of Him and that He will never stop pursuing me. Our "vow" or covenant with Jesus is always renewed every time I confess my sins, ask His forgiveness, accepts and continuously live under His amazing grace! With these revelations, I can't help but to weep so deeply thanking and praising the Lord!

It's been quite a while since I felt His strong presence like this and this time God has reminded me that our "marriage" is fireproof.

1 comment:

E L R o i said...

THanks Yakub! God bless :)