D R . E L R O I

A PERSONAL JOURNAL OF A MAN LIVING WITH HIV

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Living Normally as HIV+

There are three things I would like to share regarding the title of this particular blog. First, more than three weeks ago, one of the persons who have founded our church needed blood donations to help him to survive as my Pastor announced right after the service (though eventually he died a few days later). Many have volunteered and to my surprise, about two people approached me and invited me to donate blood. I said I cannot do that for obvious reason! They have somewhat forgotten my HIV status! We laughed and they apologized......and it made me realized how people are treating me very normally!

Second, just last week, my close and closest friends from the office where I ended my contract gathered together and surprised me with a send off party! I just did not know how to react for it was truly unexpected. Before we began the food fellowship, each of them uttered heart warming messages and prayers. They were all a bit sad with my decision to leave hoping it is just temporary but at the same time happy for my new endeavor as a full time student. Another dream has just started to come into reality.....how normal is that!

Speaking of this new endeavor as a full time seminary / bible school student....lastly, let me share that finally it sank into me the fact that I am unemployed now and totally relying on the savings I have for my study. Honestly, it made me feel a little worried financially but then I realized this time it's different! I was in this situation before and it was a time before Christ came into my life but I have somehow survived.....now that I have Jesus I am even more confident that I have nothing to worry about for our God is a faithful God and He will always provide! I have proven that for more than a couple of years already during those times I was jobless. And now my days are beginning to get busy with assignments, reading, studying and I am kind of doing all these with joy in my heart, anticipation with new things to learn and excitement. This is called a normal and blessed student life!

"The Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to go on the heights." Habakkuk 3:19a.

Living with HIV is a life that can be lived normally, for the Lord Jesus Christ! 


No comments: