D R . E L R O I

A PERSONAL JOURNAL OF A MAN LIVING WITH HIV

Sunday, July 13, 2008

My First As COH Facilitator

The Pastors and faith leaders from Bais and Dumaguete City were my first participants as "Channels of Hope" facilitator with World Vision.

It happened last June 24 and 25. I found out that it was the fourth time since the leaders planned to hold the COH HIV/AIDS workshop. It was postponed three times and it explained why from the original 45 participants, the number went down to only 13 faith leaders. During the first day, they were only 7 then the rest attended the second day. The number somehow affected me coz I have lost a bit my enthusiasm and it was reflected on me on day one according to my two co-facilitators. That feedback helped me to gather myself and on the second day, I have showed enthusiasm as I tell my testimony to them.

I was blessed for I have touched their lives and it helped them to change their attitude and behavior towards people living with HIV. Somehow, they were enlightened and realized how big their role is as church leaders on the awareness, prevention and de-stigmatization of this pandemic.

The first experience was great that I have learned a lot of things from facilitation, workshop and from the participants as well. The over all feedback from them was very good. Nevertheless, I have so many things to improve to be an effective facilitator for COH and lots of things to learn.

I am looking forward to my next workshop as facilitator and very excited to tell how good God is by sharing to them my testimony. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"many were called, but few are choosen"
The 13 faith leaders are the best persons you have.They are the choosen group.
Keep the flame burning with your desire to reach out. GOD bless!

E L R o i said...

thanks for your comment I really appreciate it.