D R . E L R O I

A PERSONAL JOURNAL OF A MAN LIVING WITH HIV

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Realization and Learnings

For the past 10 years of my life, I realized that though I believed in God I was so self-dependent and very comfortable taking control of my life. Like I said, I will never ask for any help from anyone unless it is really necessary. I did not even ask God or consult Him if what I was doing was right and look what happened! A total disaster! A failure! I thought that the pursuit of more possessions like a condo unit, investments, car, money, and other material things will somehow make me happy and successful. This was what I have been trying to accomplish for the past years.

Now I have learned from Luke 12:15. A man's life does not consist of his possessions.

Before I thought these failures was my fate because I used to believe that we can't change what will happen to us during or lives. If it's destined to happen, definitely it will happen no matter what we do.

Hebrews 9:27-28. Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and He will appear the second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him.

Now I have learned that God controlled all things, not fate, and our lives were determined by Him and by the choices we make to obey or disobey His word. God has allowed these things to happen to me not to harm me but to teach me a lesson. It took me these failures to end my self-rule and to make this failure to be the launching pad to a new overcoming life. A life that is totally dependent on Him.

A truly Christ-centered life!

No comments: