D R . E L R O I

A PERSONAL JOURNAL OF A MAN LIVING WITH HIV

Friday, April 4, 2008

Alpha Course Finally Completed

The last topic discussed by Nicky Gumbel was "How can I make the most of the rest of my life?" He told us what should we do, and that is break with the past. We should not conform any longer to the pattern of this world and not let the world around us squeeze us into its mould. We need to make a brand new start and allow God freely transform us inwardly by a complete change through sincere love, enthusiasm for the Lord, and having a harmonious relationship with Him and His people.

But how on earth are we going to do it? All we need to do is to present our bodies to God, our eyes, ears, mouths, hands, sexuality, time, ambitions, money, and all act of will. In short we need to surrender our whole life to Him and let Jesus take the wheel like what Carrie Underwood sings in her song. Matthew 6:33 says, but seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. So that's we as living sacrifices, it will involve sacrifices and maybe suffering as well.

Why should we do it? God has planned for our future, His good and pleasing perfect will. Personally, I am so excited what will happen to my future now that God is in control of my life. I pray for every decision I make to ensure that what I am about to do is conforming to His will. In that manner, I will be able to live my life accordingly.

Our graduation night last Wednesday was so great and full of fun and excitement for most of the hidden talents of the participants were showcased in front of guests. Well, as for me I have got to sing and it was cool. Alpha course is a great way to start a true Christian living. Questions about life will definitely be answered during the course and it's truly a life changing experience! I am glad that I have made that decision, accepting Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior is really rewarding.



No comments: